There comes that time when we either choose to move to new houses, or we have to renovate our current homes. This is usually a time when we have to make the right choices depending on what we are looking for. We can change the looks of our homes or go for homes that suit us. The bathroom is a place where people usually love to relax after a long day’s work, the soothing water soaking them down. This makes it a very important part of the home. In this article, we are going to look at some of the tips for choosing bathroom tiles when renovating or building a home.
Pick your must have tile first
When starting out your renovations, there is that one tile that you’ve always wanted to have in your bathroom for some reason. Let it be the starting point for the other tiles that you’ll also choose for the bathroom.
Try to keep it to no more than 3 different tiles
Now that you have the tile that you’ll use as your starting point, it will be easier for you to pick out other tiles. Use the first tile as the focal point when picking out the other three tiles, namely, a floor tile, a wall tile for the shower/ tub surround or even all of the walls in your bathroom, and an accent tile that will be used as a focal point. Beauty sometimes requires one to break rules and so you can just use this as a guide whose rules can be broken.
Stick to one show stopper
You’ll never be able to get all the good looking tiles out there and so it would be wise to stick to one show stopper so that you can create a wow factor. This means that there won’t be any other tiles competing with it, making it compliment the room.
Best Bathroom Dehumidifier Reviews in 2018
Still on bathrooms, we are going to make it easier for you to choose the bathroom dehumidifier for your bathroom by reviewing the best dehumidifier for bathroom.
Frigidaire FAD704DWD Energy Star 70-pint Dehumidifier
When this humidifier is put near a drain, it can work continuously. Some of the features that it has include full-function electronic controls, an easily accessible collection container with level indicator and a washable filter that reduces bacteria, room odors and other airborne particles. This dehumidifier has a Space Wise portable design that comes with a top handle, integrated side handles and caster wheels making it portable.
- Energy full electronic 70 pints per day covers 1400 sq. feet.
- Removes harmful mold and mildew deposits.
- Removes harmful bacteria and other airborne particles.
- Continuous operation with a suitable drain.
- Full tank alert system with auto shut-off.
- Two fan speed settings.
- Front pull-out 16.3-pint tank.
- Digital humidity readout.
- Low temperature operation saves energy.
- Long 6 feet three-prong power cord.
- Heavier than most of the dehumidifiers
Frigidaire FFAD7033R1 Energy Star Dehumidifier with Effortless Humidity Control
If you would like to reduce the mold, mildew, and bacteria that is caused by excess moisture in the home, this humidifier will work for you. This is a 70 pints-per-day dehumidifier that comes with a digital humidity readout, 24-hour on/off timer and control lock. It is portable and comes with a top handle, integrated side handles and caster wheels.
- Continuous operation
- Digital humidity display
- Humidity Control for easy humidity adjustment
- Space-saving design
- Full tank alert and auto shut-off
- Low temperature operation
- On/off timer and control lock
- 1-pint tank with handle
- Difficult to clean
- The water tank is hard to empty
Honeywell 70-Pint Energy Star Portable Dehumidifier
This humidifier removes 70 pints of moisture daily from medium to large rooms. It features a digital humidistat control system that can detect room moisture levels, activating the dehumidification process. It also comes with a detachable, anti-spill water tank that can collect up to 14.4 pints of moisture with easy disposal of the collected water. You can also drain the water continuously using a garden hose. Smooth-gliding caster wheels and convenient side handles make this a portable unit.
- Low temperature operation
- Bright digital LED display
- Water level indicator and full tank light
- 2 distinct fan speeds
- Anti-spill tank with ergonomic handle
- Continuous drain operation with a garden hose
- Integrated side handles and caster wheels
- Auto dehumidification activation by digital humidistat control
- Can only remove 70 pints of moisture only from small rooms
Friedrich D70BP 70 Pint Dehumidifier
This dehumidifier features a portable, removable drain bucket that can hold up to 16.2 pints of moisture. It also comes with an automatic defrost cycle and a washable side-out filter.
- Energy Star certified unit
- Plugs into standard 115v outlet
- Room temperature and humidity level display
- Easy to remove condensate bucket
- Inbuilt drain pump works in both horizontal and vertical directions
- Ideal unit for basements and storage areas
- Clean and sleek design
- Top mount digital control
- Internal reservoir is vulnerable to corrosion
- Noisy fan
RCA RDH705 2-Speed Dehumidifier
This unit can remove up to 70 pints’ moisture from an area of 4,500 square feet a day. It features 2.1-gallon water tank, while integrated caster wheels make it portable. It also comes with a digital display and easy to use electronic controls.
- Auto-restart protection
- Protects against mold, mildew and damp conditions
- 2 different fan settings
- Capable to operate at a minimum temperature of 110F
- Easy to clean mesh filter
- Caster wheels for enhanced mobility
- 1-gallon capacity condensate collection tank
- Digital readout
- No side handles
- No continuous operation mode
Keystone KSTAD50B Energy Star Dehumidifier
This unit can remove up to 50 pints of moisture from an area of 3000 square feet. It features water level indicator and full digital controls with LED readout. Water can be drained continuously although it can automatically turn off when the bucket is full.
- Easy to clean dust filter with clean-filter alert
- Auto-restart feature reserve settings for power failures
- Rolling casters for enhanced mobility
- 24-hour timer
- Digital controls with LED display
- Serves an area of 3000 square foot
- Continuous operation with a garden hose
- 3 settings – normal, turbo and auto-defrost
- Irritating loud vibration noise
- Poor bucket design
Whynter RPD-702WP Energy Star Portable Dehumidifier with Pump
This humidifier unit is cost-effective and energy-efficient, and it can work in low temperatures. It also features a 16.5-inch drain for continuous drainage, and three different drainage options.
- Remove moisture from a maximum area of 3800 square feet
- Continuous drain with a max. 15-inch vertical lift
- Auto-restart and auto-shutoff features
- Energy efficient
- Low-temperature operability
- Ideal for extreme humidity spaces
- 5-inch drain
- Built-in condensate pump
- Lacks side handles
Premium Dehumidifier Designed to Eliminate Excess Moisture
This is a lightweight humidifier that eliminates up to 10 ounces of moisture a day. It is easy to operate at the flick of a button, also coming with an automatic shutoff that prevents it from overheating and overflowing.
- Easy to clean water tank
- Highly portable unit
- Compact design
- Easy one-button control
- Automatic shut-off against overflow and overheating
- Requires standard household electrical outlet
- Silent operation
- Advanced humidity control
- Not suitable for heavy duty use
- No warranty
Eva-dry Electric Petite Dehumidifier Edv-1100, White
This is a bathroom dehumidifier that is light and silent. Originating in china, this humidifier features Peltier Technology, meaning that it doesn’t need a condenser, the reason it is light and silent. It has a spill proof reservoir where it stores the water, and also comes with automatic shutoff. It doesn’t come with a warranty.
- Lightweight and compact size.
- Operates quietly.
- Designed for small and medium spaces.
- Energy efficient consumes lesser energy.
- Based on Peltier Technology, requires no compressor.
- Spill-proof reservoir.
- Automatic shut-off switch.
- Indicator light for displaying need of replacement.
- Easily fits into desk or workbench.
- A reservoir can hold up to 16 oz.
- No warranty.
- Average quality fan.
Eva-dry E-500 Renewable Wireless Mini Dehumidifier
This unit is suitable for small rooms and spaces, getting rid of mold, mildew, and foul odors. Using renewable silica gel technology, this humidifier doesn’t need batteries to power it. The silica gel absorbs moisture within a 500 cubic feet range. In a well ventilated area, this humidifier requires to be plugged in for 10 to 12 hours to renew itself until a blue light indicates that it is fully charged. It comes with a 5-year warranty.
- Works for about 500 sq. feet.
- No battery or power source is required for its operation.
- Lasts up to 10 years.
- Compact in size.
- Silent operation.
- Spill and mess free construction.
- Non-toxic, safe for child and pet use.
- Budget buy.
- Humidity indicator window with indicator crystals.
- 5-year warranty is offered by Eva-dry.
- Not suitable for big spaces.
When doing a makeover for your bathroom, you now have an idea of how you can choose the tiles. In the event that you’ll need a humidifier, one of the ones reviewed above should work for you depending on the size of your bathroom.