Moving to a new city can be quite a challenge, since there is the fact that you’re not acquainted with it, and you probably know very few, or no people at all. When you’re not at work or school, you can probably spend the time touring and getting to know the place. There are many ways to meet people with similar interests as your, such as joining clubs and attending certain events. In this article, we are going to focus on Utah, looking at the free things that one can do in Salt Lake City, with kids.
Parks and Gardens
Liberty Park is the oldest and most known public park in Utah, coming with a large playground as well as tracks, where people can walk or jog. There are also courts at the park for horseshoes, bocce ball, basketball, volleyball, baseball and tennis. The Chase Home Museum of Folk Arts is also there, and it is free of charge. Other exercises that can be enjoyed at a fee, include Tracy Aviary, carousel, swimming or paddleboats.
Sugarhouse Park comes on 110 acres, offering plenty of space. It has roads where you can walk or jog, play grounds, a sledging hill for winter, and sports courts. This park is home to the biggest Independence Day celebrations in Utah.
This is a free urban working 19th century farm, where you can go to see livestock during the day. Activities at the farm include house tours, wagon rides, and farming activities like milking, at a fee.
The Best Electronic Drum Set
One of the other activities that you can do in Utah, whether for yourself, or with the aim of entertaining other people, is playing music. You can attend musical concerts and perform there, or you can even go and play your music at one of the parks mentioned above. People have always appreciated good musical talent, and you’’ soon have a following if you play well. With that in mind, we are now going to let you learn more about the best electronic drum sets that you can find on the market.
Alesis Nitro Kit
This is a drum set comes with three dynamic 8” tom pads, an 8” dual-zone snare drum, and a kick drum pad with pedal, that make someone feel like a pro while playing it. It features an unlimited playing range that is brought about by three 10” cymbals and a crash with choke. Four aluminum mounting racks keep everything in place, a Nitro electronic drum module with hundreds of percussion sounds, and 40 different kits and 60 built-in play-along tracks.
- Dynamic, comfortable pads for great feel and natural response
- 8″ rubber drum pads (dual-zone snare, three single-zone toms)
- Kick pad tower with bass drum pedal included
- 10″ cymbals: ride cymbal, hi-hat, crash with choke
- 4-post aluminum rack-super solid for stability and flexibility
Despite the fact that it takes up very little space, this kit performs like an actual drum set. It offers the user the option of playing to prerecorded drum kits and songs like soft rock, hard rock, electronic, pop, jazz, and recording their own songs. It is powered by an AC adapter, and batteries for wireless playing. This drum set can be plugged into PC’s and laptops.
- LED control display
- Headphone and USB outputs
- Kick, Hi-Hat and DC power inputs
- USB port doubles as MIDI In /Out
- Seven drum pads with touch sensitivity
- Two different voice metronome system
- 215 percussion voices and 128 GM voices
- 25 preset drum kits and five user drum kits
- Dimensions: 19.65″ (L) x 14.5″ (W) x 6.2″ (D)
- Powered by DC 12V adapter or six “C” size batteries
- DC 12V adaptor
- Pair of drumsticks
- Two foot pedals (kick and hi-hat) (laptop not included)
RockJam Electronic Roll Up MIDI Drum Kit
This drum kit comes with 9 drums and cymbal pads with many different sounds, two pedals that emulate a real drum kit, power supply meaning spending less on batteries, and drum sticks. The drum set also has USB MIDI connection, built-in speakers, and a record function. It is easy to roll up and carry with you anywhere.
- They provide realistic sounds that are similar to non-electric drum kits
- They come with an assortment of sounds: Crash cymbal, high tom, snare, open/close hi-hat, low floor tom, low-mid to, ride cymbal
- USB MIDI connection to upload beads to a PC
- Easily rolled for portability
- Two Pedals
- Power Supply
- Built in speakers
Alesis DM10 X Kit
This is a premium six-piece professional electronic drum set that comes complete with 10-inch and 12-inch drum pads, 12-inch, 14-inch, and 16-inch cymbals, top-of-the-line DM10 module and a chrome-plated XRack. It features an advanced sequencer and more than 1,000 sounds featuring multi-sample technology, for the ultimate professional experience.
- Heavy-duty, chrome-plated steel rack with hinged, Alesis quick-release clamps.
- Pad clamps feature T-bolts for easy no-tools adjustments.
- More than 1,000 uncompressed, sample-based sounds featuring Dynamic Articulation.
- Works with iPad via Apple USB Adaptor (sold separately).
- Comes with Alesis logo plate.
- Includes fully adjustable snare stand for optimal positioning and crosstalk reduction.
- Integrated cymbal arms, convertible to boom or straight.
- New-look DM10 high-definition drum module with updated appearance.
- This product is class compliant; it does not require drivers.
Yamaha DTX400K Customizable Electronic Drum Set
This is a customizable electronic drum set that comes with an acoustic drum, percussion sounds, modern rock drums and electronic tones. The set can be practiced along with interactive training functions that include a “Voice Guidance” system. People can also create their own practice tunes, or play along with the practice songs that come with the set. Among the upgrades are 3-zone snare, extra crash, and real pedal. The set features 10 legendary drum kits and training functions along with newly developed drum pads, large cymbals and new silent kick unit. It also features a groove check, rhythm gate and measure break.
- It comes with more than 290 different sounds
- It has a compact design that houses ten professional electronic drums
- It comes with a 7.5-inch touch pad
- It features a silent bass kick unit
- 10-inch crash cymbal pad
- 10 different settings such as oak custom, marching and percussion, vintage, maple customer, jazz, session and more
- It comes with a drum throne, a single pair of drum sticks and topnotch JVC headphones
There are many things that people can do in Salt Lake City, Utah, depending on what their interests are. The parks mentioned above are some of the places that they can visit with their families. If music is your thing, then you might want to check out the drums that we have reviewed above.