Choosing to move to Utah is a serious decision. It should incorporate questions about cost of living, employment options, and amenities. Specifically, you will probably want to investigate the potential for outdoor adventures in Utah. After all, when you choose to move somewhere like Utah, there’s no doubt you have a love for the outdoors. And, Utah is slam full of great things to do outside.
Maybe you are really into archery. If that’s the case, be sure to get the best compound bow before you make your move. You will need to look at design and construction as well as price before you choose the bow that is right for you. Don’t forget to look at the accessories available for the bow of your choice. In fact, some bows come as a package deal that offers you a number of additional items plus arrows. Then you’ll be ready to explore the great Redrock canyons of Utah when you move.
Cool Things to do Outside in Utah
Utah is well known for its outdoor ambiance. Considering the fact that it incorporates 43 state parks and 5 national ones, it is easy to see why it gets credited as a premier destination for outdoor adventure. So, if you are moving to Utah with those kinds of adventures in mind, here’s a list of cool things to do outside in Utah:
- Climbing- Utah offers a vast array of climbing opportunities. Whether you prefer snowcapped mountains, or Zion National Park’s towering cliffs, you will certainly find intriguing places to explore. Don’t forget the granite located within the confines of Little Cottonwood Canyon, or Indian Creek’s splitter cracks. Seriously, you will have plenty of fun discovering all the potential climbing destinations.
- Water Sports– The lakes and rivers of Utah are prime for all sorts of watersports. You can raft, kayak, and boat throughout the gorge carving rivers and majestic lakes. This is an interesting fact since Utah has been deemed the second driest state in the US. Yet, you can still find places to waterski! Learn more.
- Hiking– If you would rather keep your feet on the ground, Utah can offer you a ton of gorgeous places to hike. At 13,000 feet above sea level, it is easy to understand why hiking in Utah is a grand experience. You will have views of desert canyons, pine and aspen forests, and even alpine lakes. Where else can you go to see such a cornucopia of God’s great creation?
- Horseback Riding– Not all outdoor adventures require that you do all the work. In fact, horseback riding is one of the best things to do in Utah. There are networks of trails specifically designed for this adventure, and they go throughout the six National Forests located within Utah. You can even do some alpine riding in the summer to avoid the extreme heat. But, if you prefer riding in the cooler times of the year, the canyons make a great visual experience as well. Read more.
- Mountain Biking- Of course, if you are more interested in those activities that require your physical prowess, mountain biking might be just what you’re looking for. Moab isn’t the only place to take your rugged bike. Instead, think about traversing the Magnificent 7 and Sovereign Trail. There’s always: Gooseberry Mesa, Mid-mountain Trail, and Porcupine Rim, if you’re looking for additional adventures.
Utah is certainly the place for outdoor adventure. And if you move there, you will not run out of things to do. In fact, you might want to read this for other ideas.